Founders Mr. & Mrs. Williams
In 1951 Julius and Rose Williams purchased Douglas Abattoir, changed the name to Williams Packing Company and a new business was born. For many years, the company operated as a slaughter house, which processed hogs and cattle for local farmers. In 1971, the business was incorporated; the name changed, and was moved to a brand new 20,000 sq/ft state of the art processing/distribution facility which is the current location today.
Over the next 40+ years, Williams has seen itself go through many changes. The building has been expanded 5 times and a maintenance department has been added to maintain the ever growing fleet of delivery vehicles. Our product line is constantly changing and growing as are the features that Williams Foodservice is proud to offer our customers.
Williams Foodservice is a member of Unipro Foodservice. Unipro Foodservice is the largest foodservice distribution cooperative in the United States with an annual volume of over 14 billion dollars. This membership allows Williams Foodservice to have superior buying leverage which is passed on to our customers. “We buy better, so you buy better”.
After 64 years of service Williams Foodservice is the true definition of a family business. Sadly in 2003 the founder, Julius Williams, passed away, but 2 generations of the family and a small army of loyal and gracious associates run the business today.